Centenary Book

A Centenary Book was produced in 1947 for the 100th Anniversary of the church.  It contains a history of the church itself, the development of the churchyard, and a description of the parish from the early days of agricultural land and ‘big houses’ to the expansion of residential housing in later years. A short history of the church day school, which was opened in 1852 and closed in 1944, gives an insight to the development of education from Victorian times.

Scroll to Top
Skip to content