Monuments On The Walls Of St Thomas’ Church Building

Thomas Wilmot

Chancel – North Wall WilmotTo the memory of Thomas Wilmot, Esqr. One of the founders of this Church to whose zeal and energy the inhabitants of Keresley and Coundon are mainly indebted for the consolidation of the two Hamlets into one Chapelry for all Ecclesiastical purposes, and for the Erection and Endowment of this Church. He lived to see the Work for which he had laboured long and anxiously completed, but died before its Consecration at his house in Coundon, on the XXVth day of March MDCCCXLVI, in the LXXIXth year of his age: and was buried at Allesley.

Grant for Seats

Nave – West EndSeats This Church was erected in the Year 1847. and contains accommodation for 420 persons. A grant for £200 in aid of its erection was made by “The Incorporated Society for promoting the Enlargement, Building and Repairing of Churches and Chapels on condition that the seats for 320 persons, described on the annexed plan, should be set apart and declared to be free and unappropriated forever. William Thickens – M.A. Minister Churchwardens Joseph Moggs David Waters

George Deerr

Chancel – South Wall DeerrTo the Glory of God and in loving memory of the REV GEORGE DEERR B.A. for 31 years Vicar of this Parish who died Oct 1st 1906 aged 77 years, and of EDITH JANE , his wife who died April 21st 1911 aged 73 years. This tablet is erected by their Children.

Hubert David Waters

Chancel – North Side WatersIn Memory of Hubert David Waters Churchwarden of this Parish from 1897 to 1907

Oliver Robin Octavius Jagger

Nave – East End JaggerSacred to the memory of Oliver Robin Octavius Jagger Cadet R.N. Lost in H.M.S. Bulwark November 26th 1914 aged 16.