st thomas' | monuments on the walls


Chancel – North Wall

Thomas Wilmot

To the memory of Thomas Wilmot, Esqr. One of the founders of this Church to whose zeal and energy the inhabitants of Keresley and Coundon are mainly indebted for the consolidation of the two Hamlets into one Chapelry for all Ecclesiastical purposes, and for the Erection and Endowment of this Church. He lived to see the Work for which he had laboured long and anxiously completed, but died before its Consecration at his house in Coundon, on the XXVth day of March MDCCCXLVI, in the LXXIXth year of his age: and was buried at Allesley.


Nave – West End

Grant for Seats

This Church was erected in the Year 1847. and contains accommodation for 420 persons. A grant for £200 in aid of its erection was made by “The Incorporated Society for promoting the Enlargement, Building and Repairing of Churches and Chapels on condition that the seats for 320 persons, described on the annexed plan, should be set apart and declared to be free and unappropriated forever. William Thickens – M.A. Minister Churchwardens Joseph Moggs David Waters


Chancel – South Wall

George Deerr

To the Glory of God and in loving memory of the REV GEORGE DEERR B.A. for 31 years Vicar of this Parish who died Oct 1st 1906 aged 77 years, and of EDITH JANE , his wife who died April 21st 1911 aged 73 years. This tablet is erected by their Children.


Chancel – North Side

Hubert David Waters

In Memory of Hubert David Waters Churchwarden of this Parish from 1897 to 1907


Nave – East End

Oliver Robin Octavius Jagger

Sacred to the memory of Oliver Robin Octavius Jagger Cadet R.N. Lost in H.M.S. Bulwark November 26th 1914 aged 16.