We are required to maintain certain personal data about living individuals for the purposes of satisfying operational requirements. We recognise the importance of the correct and lawful treatment of personal data.
They types of personal data that we may require includes information about current, past and prospective executive committee members; current, past and prospective Christian Union members; and others with whom those two groups communicate. This personal data, whether held on paper; computer or other media will be subject to the appropriate legal safeguards as specified in the Data Protection Act.
We fully endorse and adhere to the eight principles of the Data Protection Act. Anyone who obtains, handles, process, transports and/or stores data for us must adhere to these principles.
- Your data will be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Your data will only be obtained for specific and lawful purposes.
- Your data will be adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Your data will be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Your data will be kept for no longer than is necessary.
- Your data will be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing and accidental loss, damage or destruction of your data.
- Your data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects.
As a data subject, you have the right to request a copy of all personal data we hold about you, known as a ‘Subject Access Request’. If you wish to make a request, please contact us, and we’ll send you a copy of your personal data that we hold. Subject Access Requests may be subject to a fee. This fee will vary depending on how much data we are providing.
N.B. The European Economic Area consists of the European Union (as an organisation), the Republic of Austria, the Kingdom of Belgium, the Republic of Bulgaria, the Republic of Cyprus, the Czech Republic, the Kingdom of Denmark, the Republic of Estonia, the Republic of Finland, the French Republic, the Federal Republic of Germany, the Hellenic Republic (Greece), Hungary, the Republic of Ireland, the Italian Republic, the Republic of Latvia, the Republic of Lithuania, the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, the Republic of Malta, the Netherlands, the Republic of Poland, the Portuguese Republic, Romania, the Slovak Republic, the Republic of Slovenia, the Kingdom of Spain, the Kingdom of Sweden, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Republic of Iceland, the Principality of Liechtenstein and the Kingdom of Norway (excluding the Svalbard region).